Area Activities and Excursions
Anchor Point and Homer areas of the Kenai Peninsula are full of endless activities for the young, and young at heart. Some of the activities that are available and can be arranged with Natures Ventures, and ensuring your activity is fantastic, are:
- Horseback Riding
- Whitewater Rafting
If you prefer a mellower pace, there are several area conservation and education centers, fantastic for those travelers with wee ones that may not take to a big hike. The area has several nature centers and art galleries including:
- The Norman Lowell Gallery of Alaska - One of our areas distinguished artists, spectacular works of art (paintings and sketches - Located 5 miles south of Anchor Point)!
- Kate's Gallery - Beautiful handmade jewelry, purses, sketches, and etchings. (Located in Anchor Point)
- Ben Frith Studio - (Located in Anchor Point)
- Pratt Museum with there tide pool interactive area
- Alaska Sealife Center which is also the areas marine rescue and rehabilitation center
- Wynn Nature Center a fantastic area set aside for nature and the study of wildlife. Mr. Wynn rarely had the time to visit his beloved Homer, but upon passing he left the acreage in the Homer area to conservation of wildlife.
- Ptarmigan Arts - Local Collaborative Gallery (Located in Homer)
- The Art Shop Gallery - Where art meets life (Located in Homer)
- Fireweed Gallery - The essence of art in Homer (Located in Homer)
- Other Galleries available at the following link: Homer Art Galleries